For me, there is no contest. Peach cobbler is the ultimate iconic peach dessert and whenever fresh summer peaches are at their peak, I can’t possibly pass up the opportunity to make one. This version with enhanced with vanilla bean and a splash of bourbon is fantastic. The fluffy biscuit topping is only lightly sweetened to let the natural sweetness of the peaches shine.
Personally, I think a la mode is the only way to serve cobbler. However, if you are a bourbon lover and want to play up that flavor even more, consider topping this with bourbon whipped cream. Whip 1 cup of heavy cream with 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar until medium-stiff peaks form, being careful not to over whip. Blend in 1 tablespoon of bourbon and then adjust flavoring as desired. Serve this as an alternative to or in addition to the ice cream on the side. This is the perfect way to enjoy those lovely fresh peaches while they are in season!
This is another of the peach recipes I have created for the Wildwood Market and Peach Truck Instagram photo contest. In case you missed the first post, full details are here. As a reminder, here are the entry details:
For your chance to win a box of fresh Georgia peaches to pick up at that time as well as a $25 gift card to Wildwood:
- Make one of the peach recipes I share on the blog for this promotion.
- Share a photo of your creation with the world on Instagram! Be sure to include #wildforpeaches and also tag thepeachtruck, wildwoodmarket, and annieseats.
- For an extra entry, tag two friends as well who might be interested in some Peach Truck action.
- The contest will stay open until Wednesday, July 13 at 11:59 pm.
- Three winners will be selected. You must be able to pick up your prize from Wildwood.