In my mind, summer cocktails should be three things: light, refreshing and not overly boozy. Gin is my spirit of choice these days, and it lays the perfect foundation for a fresh summery drink. Here fresh peaches and lavender are muddled together with gin and simple syrup, mixed with some freshly squeezed lemon juice and topped off with a splash of sparkling water.
These are super simple and ideal for warm weather sipping. To play around with the flavor balance, try adding some peach slices to the pan while you make your simple syrup for an extra dose of peach flavor. Alternatively, make a lavender syrup to up the herbal notes in the drink. Whatever floats your boat. Let’s share another round, shall we? Cheers!
This is another of the peach recipes I have created for the Wildwood Market and Peach Truck Instagram photo contest. In case you missed the first post, full details are here. As a reminder, here are the entry details:
For your chance to win a box of fresh Georgia peaches to pick up at that time as well as a $25 gift card to Wildwood:
- Make one of the peach recipes I share on the blog for this promotion.
- Share a photo of your creation with the world on Instagram! Be sure to include #wildforpeaches and also tag thepeachtruck, wildwoodmarket, and annieseats.
- IMPORTANT ADDITION! If your instagram feed is not public, I won’t be able to see your entry. Instead, email photos to me at annieseats at gmail.com.
- For an extra entry, tag two friends as well who might be interested in some Peach Truck action.
- The contest will stay open until Wednesday, July 13 at 11:59 pm.
- Three winners will be selected. You must be able to pick up your prize from Wildwood.