- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup chipotles in adobo sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1½ cups corn (fresh kernels cut from the cob or thawed frozen kernels)
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and diced
- ½ cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 cup thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1 cup thinly sliced baby spinach leaves
- 1½ tbsp. olive oil
- Corn tortillas, for serving
step 1: Show Images
Place the shrimp in a medium bowl. Add the chipotles in adobo to a measuring cup or small bowl and use an immersion blender to puree until smooth. Add 1 tablespoon of water if necessary to help puree more easily. Add 2-3 tablespoons of the chipotle puree to the bowl with the shrimp. Season with salt and pepper and toss until evenly combined. Set aside.
step 2: Show Images
In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, corn, avocado, cilantro, and lime juice. Season generously to taste with salt and pepper and toss gently to combine. In a small bowl, combine the cabbage and spinach, and toss to combine.
step 3: Show Images
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp to the pan in a single layer and cook, turning once, just until opaque and cooked through, about 1-2 minutes per side. Remove to a cutting board and let cool briefly. Chop coarsely and add to the bowl with the corn and tomato mixture. Fold in gently until well combined. Assemble tacos with corn tortillas, the cabbage mixture, and the shrimp mixture as desired.