- 1½ tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup finely grated parmesan, plus more shaved
- 1 cup chopped artichoke hearts, chopped (about 1 14 oz. can)
- 1 cup cooked cannellini beans
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 baguette, sliced diagonally about ½-inch thick
- 1 clove garlic, halved lengthwise
step 1: Show Images
In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon zest and juice, parsley, red pepper flakes, parmesan, artichoke hearts and beans. Mix gently to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and set aside to let the flavors meld.
step 2: Show Images
Preheat the oven to 450˚ F. Lay the baguette slices out on a baking sheet and brush lightly with olive oil. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Bake until the crostini are just browned and crisp, about 7-10 minutes. Once removed from the oven, rub the browned side of each baguette slice with the cut half of the garlic clove. Top each piece of bread with a spoonful of the bean-artichoke mixture and garnish with additional shaved parmesan, if desired. Serve.