1. I could live in skinny jeans, but they have to be the right ones. Cute, well made, and comfortable – that last parameter is usually the sticking point. Well, I’ve finally found a pair I adore. These denim leggings (I hate the term “jeggings” but I guess it applies here) from Madewell are awesome. I’ve accumulated multiple pairs over the past few months because I love them so. They have lots of rave reviews online and I wholeheartedly agree with the reviewers. Worth the splurge – these are an absolute wardrobe staple for me.
2. I’m not really in the know when it comes to all things makeup/beauty, but I have read about Tarte Amazonian clay blushes on the few beauty blogs I follow and decided to try them out for myself. I’ve been wearing them for over a year now and I have to say, I completely agree with all the rave reviews. They have a beautiful sheen and are well pigmented so a little goes a long way. This peachy shade (blissful) is my absolute favorite of the ones I have. So pretty!
3. Last month I gifted a luxe box subscription from Erin McDermott and the first installment that the birthday girl received were these amazingly gorgeous white lace druzy earrings. Talk about a first impression! We were both instantly smitten and I had to buy a pair for myself too. They are white and bright and could go with just about every outfit. And because Erin is kind, talented, and generous she graciously offered this coupon code for you: Use code annieseats at checkout and receive 20% off your purchase! As if you needed another reason to buy something from her wonderful shop, now you have one!
4. I almost hate to even share these with you since they are nearly sold out, but I grabbed these studded ankle strap ballet flats from J.Crew on sale (and with an additional coupon code – score!) and I am loving them. Maybe if you’re one of the lucky few who fits the sizes that are left, you might like them too? Either way, the general look of these is great – another item that would work dressed up or down. I love that they are a neutral flat that is work appropriate while still having enough pretty details to not be boring or drab. Even if you can’t find these exact shoes, maybe they’ll give inspiration for something similar?
5. Every spring/summer calls for that special dress that you can wear in any situation – a stroll in the park, a trip to the farmer’s market, a party with friends, dinner date out. This halter maxi dress from Loft is that dress. I am a shortie so I had to have several inches taken up off the bottom, but it is perfect – flattering, elegant, and soooo comfy. Add in pops of color with earrings and shoes, or keep it neutral with some simple metallic jewelry. It works with pretty much anything.
6. Scarves aren’t just for winter time. A light scarf with a vibrant print or bright colors can be a great accessory in spring and summer (especially if your workplace is constantly cold from air conditioning despite hot temps outside). I recently received this yellow print scarf from Boden as a freebie extra with an order I placed and when I found it in the package, it was so completely perfect for me I thought I had somehow bought it and forgotten about it. Probably because I want to BUYALLTHEYELLOWCLOTHES. But seriously, I love this scarf.
Okay, I can’t really decide whether this book should be listed as something I’m loving lately. It is something that I was loving soooo very much for the first 80% of the book. The story line is engrossing, the characters all highly flawed and highly interesting, and the writing itself is achingly beautiful. I found myself highlighting passage after passage just because I loved the writing so much. And then the ending happened….and now I just don’t know how I feel about it. Feel free to discuss with me in the comments and if you haven’t read it yet, don’t read the comments yet because they will likely contain spoilers. Bottom line, this book was still worth reading and I can tell it is one that will stick with me for a long time.
Okay, I can’t help myself. I’m really proud of this rainbow blanket I made. I mentioned it last August when I first started it, and I am so excited to have it completed now. This was a great project to work on when I was between my other knitting projects. Each square took less than 30 minutes (once I got good at them) so it was an easy portable thing to do when I had time to kill. The kids love it too – bright colors just make us happy!
Another recent knitting project that I loved was this pair of leg warmers that I dip-dyed in an ombre effect. I am completely smitten with the way they turned out. I used undyed yarn to make this leg warmer pattern and then used aqua Rit dye to color them. This pair was a gift but I love them so much, I’ll be making a pair or two for myself very soon. Just in time for summer right? Oh, wait…
I’m most definitely a cat person and I could watch funny cat videos all day and just laugh till I cry. This short little video has made me laugh SO hard it is ridiculous. I could watch it over and over. I guess it’s mostly funny if you already know/like the song “Sail” by AWOL Nation. Every time I watch it, I just wonder how they figured out the unbelievably perfect timing of the music with this video. It slays me.
Lastly, one other funny thing that had me in stitches last week. Misuse of quotation marks = endless entertainment.
Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with any of the products or companies mentioned above, and they don’t even know I’m writing about them (except for Erin, because I gave her a heads up.) I’m just sharing things I love with you, because I love them!