Before we get to the Instas, just have to say – check back later this morning for the Annie’s Eats shop opening! Fun t-shirts and canvas prints that you are sure to love. The t-shirts will be a flash sale for two days only so act fast if you want one in time for holiday gifting :)
1. We’ve been going for as many walks and hikes as possible as long as the weather allows. This was a quick snap from an absolutely gorgeous day a few weeks ago.
2. I made Caroline a pair of little leg warmers and the cuteness is basically too much to handle.
3. Best thing about weekends – cuddles, of course.
4. Despite the darkness and cold weather, Andrew and I can’t stay inside all night, every night. We’ve been going for night walks and he likes to talk about the stars and planets. One night he stopped and said, “Mommy, I’ll never stop going on walks with you.” I absolutely melted.
5. Champagne toast because I PASSED MY BOARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are really no words to describe how thrilled and relieved I am to have that behind me.
6. Real life as a parent = two kids in our bed before 7 am on a Saturday.
7. We had a rare kidless evening out with some of our best friends and tried a new bar, Eat + Drink (by the same people who run my lunchtime obsession, Taste.) It was wonderful! Can’t wait to go back.
8. As a kid, the only thing I ever wanted to be was a doctor. I was pretty much focused on that all through elementary, middle, high school, and college. Even after nearly five years as a physician, whenever I catch a glimpse of myself at work, I still feel a bit like a kid playing dress up.
9. Caroline’s class had a fun little pitch-in lunch for Thanksgiving with all the parents. I brought mini sweet potato toasted marshmallow cupcakes and they were a hit. I love love love whenever my schedule allows me to go to the kids’ classroom functions. So fun!
10. Caroline and bunny making sweet music at Alex and Sonja‘s house. We love visiting them.
11. Ben made an excellent hand model for these fingerless mitts I made for Alex.
12. Sometimes Andrew and I just have a little too much fun in the kitchen. I tend to get carried away sometimes :)
13. Best time of day – tucking this one in for bed.
14. Little Thanksgiving helper.
15. Self-declared Snowman Lightning Man wishing everyone a happy Thanksgiving.
16. We went to the Christmas tree lighting in our hometown. The kids had never been before and they loved it! Worth braving the cold with two wild little ones :)
Most of these images are from my personal (private) Instagram account. You can follow my public stream here: user annieseats.