1. Andrew’s favorite holiday is Halloween, so he rang in October by drawing a jack o’lantern.
2. Fruit cup snack o’lanterns I made when it was my turn to bring snack for Andrew’s soccer team. The kids got a huge kick out of them! (Thanks Josie for the idea!)
3. The first half of October was spent with towering piles of books, binders, and a host of other study materials. Brain.too.tired.
4. At least I had things like this precious face to keep my chin up. I swear, she may be the happiest child ever.
5. Exam over, and couldn’t get home fast enough.
6. Halloween shirt = pretty great gift for this guy.
7. He was so glad to have me back from my months of studying and the exam that he actually held my hand when we went places. I didn’t object.
8. We celebrated with a family dinner date at The Loft at Trader’s Point Creamery. We live for that cheese board.
9. The Friday night after my exam, I came home to discover that Ben had thrown me a surprise get together with a bunch of my closest friends. It was pretty great. I can’t believe how lucky I am to have so many wonderful people in my life.
10. This is what most Saturday mornings look like in our house. Love my creative boy.
11. My brother just bought his first home and the backyard is totally awesome, including a fire pit. I think Ben may be moving in with him any day now.
12. Totally excited to be featured in this month’s issue of Midwest Living! This article, photo shoot, etc. have been in the works for over a year now and it is amazing to finally see the end result. You can see more from the feature on their website here.
13. Dance party in the living room, stuffed animals non-optional.
14. Pumpkin carving fun. I love how excited they get about stuff like this!
15. Caroline chose a ghost design. I had some help from the power drill to make the faces and it made the whole thing go much faster.
16. The little witch I’ve been knitting. Technically I finished her up the day after Halloween, but since that was the day we trick or treated, we decided it still counts :)
Most of these images are from my personal (private) Instagram account. You can follow my public stream here: user annieseats.