- 20 oz. fresh cheese tortellini
- 8 tbsp. butter
- 1 pint cherry (or grape) tomatoes
- 2 ears of corn, husked
- ½ cup peas, fresh shelled or frozen and thawed
- Small handful of chives, minced
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- step 1: Show Images
Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain well and rinse briefly with cold water to stop cooking and cool the tortellini slightly.
- step 2: Show Images
Meanwhile, heat the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Let melt and continue to cook, swirling occasionally, until the butter is a deep golden brown color (be careful not to burn it). Set aside to cool slightly.
- step 3: Show Images
Slice or quarter the cherry tomatoes. Cut the corn kernels from the cobs. In a large mixing bowl, combine the tortellini, tomatoes, corn, peas and browned butter. Toss gently to combine. Stir in the chives and shaved Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.