1. Peekaboo with my little sunshine :)
2. I’ve had my mom’s sewing machine sitting in my garage for years unused. I really, really want to figure out how to use it now so I got it out, cleaned it off, and put it all together. However, I need some instruction on how it works and the sewing shop near us doesn’t service these machines. I’m thinking of just getting a new (much, much lighter) model, learning on that, and still keeping Mom’s just in case.
3. Andrew saw these gingerbread slippers in a store in early fall and asked and asked about them. I caught them on sale later and he was so pumped!
4. Pretty Indy.
5. Caroline and I accidentally ended up wearing (almost) matching PJs one night. Ben thought it was too cute :)
6. My morning barista. This kid gets mad if I try to make my coffee without him. He loves to press the buttons!
7. This was my happy place during many nights in December. Despite the hectic month, I still made time to sit by the Christmas tree with my knitting several evenings.
8. Daddy and his girl. This is one of my favorite pictures ever.
9. Trying on my new shoes.
10. After a freakishly warm start to the winter, we finally got a few good snows. Andrew was SO excited to go out and play in it. We got all bundled up, and then he lasted five minutes. It’s possible he just wanted the cocoa when we came inside.
11. Ben and I took his parents to Alinea in Chicago as our Christmas gift to them, and to each other. It was an absolutely perfect night and I couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate.
12. A coworker who is pregnant found out the sex of her baby just before Christmas, and asked me to make some cookies to give to family for a gender reveal. It was such fun to make those cookies!
13. The holidays were so busy but I made sure that we had a few days at home with no plans whatsoever. The morning of Christmas Eve, we woke up after the sun was up (!!!) and Andrew requested waffles. Such a nice change from the typical rushed morning routine.
14. After breakfast, Andrew asked to make cookies for Santa. He did such a great job!
15. The kids all excited before bed in their special Christmas PJs.
16. On Christmas day with my buddy! We had a wonderful day spending time with lots and lots of family.
17. Ben and I had a date night about a week ago, and when we came out of the restaurant it was snowing huge, gorgeous flakes. So pretty!
18. This time of year I always get the urge to organize and redecorate. Right now the focus is the kids’ playroom. It’s getting a major overhaul, starting with paint. I am so glad to say goodbye to the boring decorator beige in that room!
19. Family dance parties are one of our favorite indoor activities during the cold winter months. Andrew is especially fond of Gangnam Style at the moment.
20. We had a low key New Year celebration this year, enjoying homemade pizza and wine with my wonderful brother and his wonderful girlfriend. It was a nice way to ring in the new year.
Most of these images are from my personal (private) Instagram account. You can follow my public stream here: user annieseats.