- 1 lb. pasta shapes, such as shells, bow ties, etc.
- 6 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb. cherry or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 lb. fresh mozzarella, cubed
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
step 1: Show Images
Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain well. Rinse with cold water. Drain again. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, combine the olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes over medium-low heat. Warm the oil slowly and let infuse with the garlic and chile flavors, about 5-10 minutes. Do not let the garlic burn. Set aside to cool slightly.
step 2: Show Images
Add the pasta to a large bowl. Toss with the olive oil mixture, balsamic vinegar, tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil until evenly combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve cold or at room temperature.