Looking back through my iPhone photos for the month of July, I think it could be summed up in a few words: family, FUN, and food! (With a hint of fashion.)
1. Andrew and Caroline had a dual well-check at the pediatrician. For the first time in history, Andrew did not flip out while the doctor looked in his ears. It was a revelation.
2. Though he used to come sporadically, Andrew is now my permanent Saturday morning grocery buddy. I couldn’t be happier about it. He is great company and throws groceries into the cart like a shot putter.
3. I cannot get enough summer berries these days. I am determined to eat them as often as possible before they go out of season again. Berries + greek yogurt = the perfect summer meal for me.
4. We have done our best to beat the heat and spend a few mornings and evenings at our neighborhood pool. The kids love it almost as much as I do ;)
5. I like taking pics of pretty skies. I do it a lot.
6. Ben and I took a quick little weekend trip to Chicago and packed it full of fun stuff (lots more on that later). We were lucky enough to meet up for breakfast with my sweet friend Elly and had a wonderful time. SO fun!
7. I bought a package of pipe cleaners on a whim. They have resulted in hours of entertainment for Andrew.
8. The first copies of the 2013 Cupcake Calendar arrived in the mail. I love how it turned out!
9. Since the heat has backed off at least slightly, we’ve been able to take a few evening walks to the park. This sweet girl loves it all, and laughs hysterically going down the slide!
10. I did a tie-dye project with Andrew last week. We had SO much fun and our shirts turned out awesome. I totally regret not making one for myself. What was I thinking?!
11. Our vegetable garden is finally starting to produce more than the odd cherry tomato. The okra in particular is exploding. Corn cakes will happen now and I am giddy over the thought of gumbo when the weather cools down a bit.
12. IT RAINED! I was incredibly excited. Caroline was perplexed.
13. I started work on the 2014 cupcake calendar. I completed three months so far and love the way they turned out. It feels good to make progress!
14. J.Crew taunts me with their mailings. Kryptonite, I tell you.
15. Andrew started preschool this week! He is positively loving it and thinks his backpack is the coolest thing ever. We are so proud of him.
16. Those earrings I mentioned showed up and I love them!