- 1 tbsp. olive or canola oil
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 large jalapeño or 2 large serranos, seeded and diced
- 3 tbsp. tequila
- 8 oz. Mexican melting cheese (or part Monterey Jack or cheddar)
- ½ cup loosely packed cilantro, chopped
- step 1: Show Images
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tomato, onion, and pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until the onion begins to soften and brown, about 7 minutes. Add the tequila and cook, stirring, until reduced to a glaze.
- step 2: Show Images
Sprinkle in the cheese. Stir slowly and constantly until just melted. Serve immediately in a warm dish. Sprinkle with the cilantro. Enjoy with tortilla chips.