- 2 cups cooked quinoa, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ½ tsp. coarse salt
- 1/3 cup minced fresh chives, plus more for garnish
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup whole grain bread crumbs, plus more if needed
- Olive oil, for frying patties
- (for serving) Shaved Parmesan
- (for serving) 6 poached eggs (one for each patty)
- (for serving) Salt and pepper
- step 1: Show Images
In a medium bowl, combine the quinoa, eggs, salt, chives, shallots, Parmesan, and garlic. Stir to blend. Mix in the bread crumbs and stir gently until evenly incorporated. Form the mixture into six evenly sized patties, about 3-4 inches in diameter.
- step 2: Show Images
Heat a bit of olive oil in a large sauté pan set over medium-high heat and swirl to coat. Add the patties to the pan so that they are not touching. Let cook about 4 minutes or until the first side is lightly browned. Carefully flip the patties with a spatula and let the second side cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes more. Repeat with the remaining patties, using additional olive oil if needed. Top each patty with a bit of shaved Parmesan, a poached egg, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.