- 1 tbsp. canola or vegetable oil
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 12 oz. white American cheese, shredded* *White American cheese can be found at the deli counter in most grocery stores.
- 4 oz. Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- ¼-2/3 cup milk
- 1 tomato, seeded and finely diced
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, minced
step 1: Show Images
Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and jalapeño to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Add both of the shredded cheeses and ¼ cup of the milk. Whisk or stir until completely melted. Mix in the tomato and cilantro, and add additional milk gradually as necessary to achieve desired consistency. Transfer to a warmed serving bowl and serve immediately.